Commercial Account Manager – UNCAPPED with Protected Territories, Bonuses, and Growth Potential
INDUSTRY TRANSITIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED! Wilkins Solutions has exciting career opportunities for new Commercial Territory/Account Managers to join our growing outside sales team.
Our national company is currently hiring for PROTECTED vertical territories. We are searching for disciplined professionals to represent our successful brand in this region selling to commercial accounts with our large portfolio of products and services.
We only do face-to-face relationship/consultative based sales; no internet or catalog sales (though we do generate leads online).
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Commercial Account Manager will act as a single point of contact with access to the entire portfolio of Wilkins Solutions products within a collection of protected vertical markets in a defined geographic territory. This includes the development of new territory as well as management of existing territory where applicable. Many of these positions are new growth positions.
Successful candidates will be able to develop relationships with everyone including key decision-makers, identify customer needs, and effectively communicate ideas through oral and written presentations as well as quantify and resolve customer objections, problems and needs in a professional manner.
Our Commercial Account Manager is responsible for:
- Effective prospect questioning, listening skills and information gathering
- Actively Network/Prospect to build their pipeline - (CAM will be responsible for generating new opportunities, although we do provide leads we get though our website, toll free hotline and our manufacturers/suppliers)
- Travel within a defined geographic territory – typical territories do not require more than 2-hours drive time to furthest customer (exceptions based on region). Territories are protected with exclusive vertical markets.
- Executing a Provocative Consultative Sales process based on the best practices and success of our top performers
- Participate in continuous learning about our products, services and potential customers' businesses and industries.
- Developing quotes and product comparisons utilizing Microsoft Excel and internal programs - technical support team available for assistance
- Pipeline management and goal metrics using internal CRM systems
- Relationship Building/Account Management - of new customers and existing customers. You will be responsible for actively building both short-term and long-term relationships with customers and potential customers.
The CAM is not responsible for logistics, product/vendor management, or financing. However, the CAM does act as the sole point of contact for their customer throughout the entire process so participation in the coordination of the installation/maintenance process is a relationship keystone. A full vendor logistics and technical team as well as seasoned management support is in place to help coordinate everything from the corporate level.
- INDUSTRY TRANSITIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Product, systems, and best practices methodology training are provided on an ongoing basis. Additionally, we have internal systems in place to provide education and recommendations to help navigate the wide range of offerings.
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to function in an autonomous environment. We do not micromanage but expect communication and utilization of the tools provided to provide metrics and evaluate your progress.
- Relationship building/Consultative advising skills – in a constantly evolving economic climate, becoming a trusted adviser is as important as the actual product knowledge.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or equivalent- formatting, inserting rows and tabs, creating formulas are often daily activities.
- Ability to learn and implement new ideas and techniques. Due to our open door policy for sharing best practices, we are constantly improving and growing.
Humility, high integrity, self-starter, great listening skills, persuasive, great at asking questions, sincere, exceptional customer service attitude, high cold calling activity/comfort, strong follow-up skills, and professionalism are all characteristics and traits of a successful Commercial Account Managers
New team members will attend Wilkins Solutions Sales Academy, This is a practical 60-hour product, technology tools, and best practices training program taught by our VP of Sales. This is done at no cost to the CAM.
We also provide over 10 hours of OPTIONAL continuing education every week covering areas such as Vendor Product Training, Technology and Systems, Vertical Specific Training, Best Practices, and Advanced Sales Training Seminars.
Additionally, we offer national access to the entire team through our Internal "Forum" This is an electronic web-based collection of message boards that allows instance access to insight and advice from teammates nationwide. Wilkins Solutions believes strongly that it is in everyone's best interest to facilitate mutual success, so we do not hide good ideas!